Essay PreviewMore ↓
There are three types of domestic cats: indoor domestic cats, outdoor domestic cats, and indoor-outdoor domestic cats. Though these cats would look very similar if they were clean and sitting next to each other, they would also be very different.
Indoor cats are generally very clean, since they do not have to work for their food. The excess time allows them to clean and pamper themselves on a daily basis. The fact that they are usually fed on regular intervals makes an indoor cat overweight. The cats know that they can sleep all day and still get fed once or more times a day. Also, since the cats do not work for their food, they lose their exercise time. It makes it impossible for them to burn off any extra calories they may have gotten.
This type of cat generally likes a lot of human contact, since humans are the ones who pamper and feed the cats. They are use to this contact, which makes them not scared of humans. For the most indoor cats, a person does not have to worry about getting a disease from them, since the cat probably is taken to the veterinarian on a regular basis.
Outdoor cats usually are pretty scraggly looking. The fact that they have to work for all of their food causes them to get more dirty and does not allow them the time to clean themselves everyday. They are much skinnier and are in much better shape. These cats are awake all day long looking for food and avoiding the everyday obstacles of an outdoor cat. This allows them to get plenty of exercise, but not always enough food.
Outdoor cats are not usually people friendly. They are not around humans, so that they do not depend on humans enough to be friendly with people. It is probably a good thing that these types of cats do not like a lot of human contact, since more outdoor cats unlike indoor cats have not had their shots. This does not insure that they are free from diseases, so a person does not know if this cat has a disease or not.
An indoor-outdoor cat is a combination of the previous two types of cats. These cats are also generally clean looking cats that are semi-dependent on humans for their food.
How to Cite this Page
"Classification Essay - Cats." 123HelpMe.com. 10 Dec 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Classification of Psychic Experiences Generally speaking, psychic experiences which deal with receiving information from an outside source, either living or passed on can be classified into the following categories: psychometry, telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudience, automatic writing and channeling. Two more psychic techniques, assumption and projection, deal with transferring the personality to a remote location. Psychometry is the art of receiving information about someone by touching an object commonly carried by that person such as a key chain or jewelry.... [tags: Classification Essays]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Classification Essay –The Types of Kids that Make Up My Generation One of the things that has troubled me as of late is my generation. The generation that is referred to is the group of people currently aged 15-21 - whether or not this is a "generation," so to speak, is irrelevant. These people, for the most part, disturb me. It frightens me to know that the people that I've grown up with are going to be leading the country and the world in the decades to come. The overwhelming majority of the kids that I've come in contact with over the past few years are apathetic monsters.... [tags: Classification Essays Teen Teenager]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Cats All cats, from jungle cats to house cats, belong to the cat family, Felidae, order Carnivora. The cat family, Felidae, order Carnivora, contains about 36 species that are usually grouped into two to four genera, depending on the classification system used. According to one common system, four genera exist: Panthera (jaguar, leopard , lion, tiger), Neofelis (clouded leopard), Acinomyx (cheetah), and Felis (puma, lynx, and smaller cats such as the domestic cat, Pallas's cat, and the wildcat).... [tags: Papers]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- Scientific Classification in Biology Classification in biology, is the identification, naming, and grouping of organisms into a formal system. The vast numbers of living forms are named and arranged in an orderly manner so that biologists all over the world can be sure they know the exact organism that is being examined and discussed. Groups of organisms must be defined by the selection of important characteristics, or shared traits, that make the members of each group similar to one another and unlike members of other groups.... [tags: Papers Biological Classifying Organisms Essays]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Pawing at the “Dewey” Decimal System Dewey the library cat is probably one of the most noteworthy cats that has ever been heard of. Dewey is an orange little tabby cat that the writer (Vicki Myron) found in the rain on her way to work, and brought Dewey with her to the library. From that instant Dewey the library cat grew up in a library lying on every book that he has seen. His name came from the Dewey Decimal System. He has unintentionally inspired thousands of people by being himself. He has Myron and the rest of the library staff play with him, feed him, and take care of him.... [tags: library book classification method]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- “I drink to make other people more interesting.” ― Ernest Hemingway In the great world of tending bar there is a myriad selection of customers one would encounter; The Social Drinker, The Self Defined Outcast, The Fish Out of Water, and last but never the least, The Freshman. Each level of drinker has its advantages in social circles and also has equal negative repercussions. Most of these classes aren't built from years of drinking, rather are formed through the personality traits they already have developed through their childhood and young adulthood.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- As the owner of three unique pups, I know that dogs’ variances are numerous. Any one who owns a dog knows that it has a mind of its own, and therefore a unique personality. Having had many dogs throughout my life, I have found that dogs fit into three classifications. Annie dogs As princesses of the canine universe, Annie type dogs have a loving yet manipulative personality. An Annie dog assumes the role of queen bee. As leader of the pack, she keeps everybody in line. She dominates all of the other dogs, often by physical herding or malicious growl.... [tags: Classification Essay]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Flea Control for Dogs and Cats Many Americans have a four-legged member of their family in their home. Most people deal with housebreaking problems, pet hair on furniture, and an occasional broken lamp because all the friendly welcomes home outweigh these minor problems. When the weather begins to get warmer, these pet owners begin to cringe with the thought of spring. It can only mean one thing; flea season and the circus of giving flea baths and dips is about to start. But in the past few years, there has been a break through in scientific technology allowing both owners and pets to rest easier.... [tags: Pets Dogs Cats Essays]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Classifications of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer. How about drinking a cold one with some friends at a local bar after a hard day's work, sounds satisfying doesn't it. Beer has been around for hundreds years and will be around for hundreds more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- Classification of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nice cold beer. Or how about drinking a nice cold one with some buddies after work at a local bar, sound nice doesn?t it. Beer has been around for many years and will probably be around for many more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources. The production of beer and some other alcoholic beverages is often called brewing. Most every culture has there own tradition and the own take on beer, thus producing many different styles and variations.... [tags: Classification Essays Beer Alcohol Essays]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
These cats are also people friendly. Since they are semi-dependent on humans, they in return are used to them and are not scared of them. These cats are sometimes even temporarily housed by humans from time to time to further emphasize their dependency on humans. A person can usually count on a cat like this to have some of their shots and be free of diseases.
As I have observed these cats over the years, I have noticed many of these differences and similarities of these different types of cats. This allows a person to see how similar these cats can be. I must say, my favorite would have to be the overweight and lovable indoor cat. Since these cats are so friendly and they are sure to be free from diseases.